Here’s your one-stop shop for the new work, projects, events and exhibitions done by our DPI alums in the month of May.
• Damaso Reyes (’01) has his project ‘The Europeans’ written up in Art Link
• Kieran Kesner (’14) won a Webby award for Best Use of Photography, for his project ‘Eyewitness to Hell,’ photographs of the Ebola crisis in Liberia. Kieran also has “Steps of Glory: The 12-hour endurance test to honor U.S. soldiers” up on Mashable.
• Jonno Rattman (’14) had a large gallery images accompanying an article on MSNBC.com about this year’s Preakness.
• Cofounded by alum Alexandra Diracles (’07) , Vidcode has a new project that is free to play. “Draw on your video while learning about booleans!”
• Shoshana Zambryski-Stachel (’12) has cofounded, and is celebrating the grand opening of, Dimond Mine Arts in Oakland, CA. Dimond Mine Arts will feature workshops, classes, quality art supplies, and of course, art!
• Hank Willis Thomas (’98) was included in the NY Posts’s ‘7 hot NYC artists you need to know right now.’
• The collaborative and interactive project by faculty member Bayeté Ross Smith and alum Hank Willis Thomas, ‘Question Bridge,’ received the 2015 Infinity Award for New Media.